The Ilkiding’a Market is on the higher slopes of Mount Meru about 7 kilometers north of Arusha town. You will depart from Planet Lodge after breakfast and drive toward Arusha town and you will be dropped at Miazini ya juu, at Ilkiding’a village to start your walking safari.
Options for the walking Safari include:
- A walk through coffee plantations and open fields where potatoes, cabbages, maize, and other food and cash crops are cultivated by the villagers. The walk offers the pleasure of an impressive viewpoint overlooking Arusha, hiking along narrow footpaths, crossing a canyon, and climbing small hills.
- Visiting a traditional household to get an idea of how an extended family lives together.
- A visit to the craftsmen prepared by Mainyoito Women’s Group at one of the households.
- Stop by the primary school where money generated from tourism via development fees is used to rehabilitate the school.
- Visit a traditional healer, who is ready to answer all your questions and give you advice if needed.
- Traditional dancing can be organized on request.