5 Things Locals won’t do in Arusha.
5 Things to Avoid in Arusha.
Arusha, located in northern Tanzania, is a vibrant city that attracts visitors from all over the world. Known as the “safari capital” of Tanzania, Arusha offers a unique blend of cultural experiences, outdoor activities, and incredible wildlife sightings. However, just like any other city, there are certain things that locals never do in Arusha. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of these things to avoid locals in Arusha.
1. Never skip morning tea: One of the most important parts of the day for locals in Arusha is morning tea. This is a time for family and friends to gather and catch up on the latest news and events. It’s a tradition that’s deeply ingrained in the culture, and locals take it very seriously.
2. Never wear shorts or mini skirts to church: If you’re planning on attending a church service in Arusha, it’s important to dress appropriately. Locals never wear shorts or revealing clothing to church, as it’s considered disrespectful. Instead, opt for modest clothing that covers your knees and shoulders.
3. Never haggle too aggressively: Haggling is a common practice in Arusha, especially when shopping at markets or street vendors. However, locals never haggle too aggressively or disrespectfully. It’s important to remember that these vendors are trying to make a living and that their prices are already very reasonable.
4. Never disrespect wildlife: Arusha is home to some of the most incredible wildlife in the world, including elephants, lions, and giraffes. Locals have a deep respect for these animals and would never do anything to harm them. It’s important to follow all park rules and regulations when visiting wildlife reserves and to always treat the animals with respect.
5. Never refuse an invitation: Hospitality is a big part of the culture in Arusha, and locals take pride in welcoming visitors with open arms. If you’re invited to someone’s home for a meal or event, it’s considered rude to refuse. Instead, accept the invitation graciously and enjoy the experience.
Ours is a wonderful city that offers visitors a unique cultural experience. By understanding some of the things that we never do, you can gain a deeper appreciation for the local way of life and make the most of your time in this incredible destination.